Monday, November 20, 2017

4.5 Months into the Yearlong Project

When Trump was elected I looked at my imagery to study the way I depicted mankind.

I saw a good sense of diversity in lifeline ages (babes to elders) and body shapes (small to large, thin to thick). A full spectrum of personality characteristics were addressed in my recent years of creating the MaybePerhapsIfYouWill cartoons.

I saw that while I was a bit weaker in creating specific worldwide cultural diversity (clothing and genetic facial form), these were improving.

What about drawn forms for "MANKIND" in all its universality? Finding universal mankind/womankind imagery has been one of the main quests of this Year Long Project -- honing in on forms that reach down into the deepest sense of humanity, where diversity of age, shape, personality, and culture drop away.