Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Beauty


Last night I saw the most beautiful face in the world.
I wasn't supposed to see it.
I was supposed to have my eyes closed.
I cheated.
I opened my eyes and saw a woman in the throws of ecstasy.
Ecstasy of receptive healing care.
On her face I saw awe.
I saw grace.
I saw self love.
I saw pain.
I saw healing.

I know I won't be able to draw that face. It was too exquisite, too human, too fluid and alive even in its quiet submission.
But this true vision of living, breathing, sighing beauty is now in my head. I am gleeful about that. Right now I am the richest person in the world.

I am rich because each time I draw a man, woman, girl or boy, aged, perfected, or broken, I will be able to infuse that figure with the essence of beauty I saw last night. And every time I see a stranger on the street, if I take the time, I can see inside them and recognize the woman in them that is in ecstasy.

Shaboom-ping-tra-La! That's what it's all about!